- Double shot espresso – 2 oz.
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used skim)
- 1 tbsp. pure, unsweetened pumpkin
- (optional) 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (or caramel)
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves)
- After blending, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp. *hemp hearts
VARIATION: This latté can be served either as a hot or an iced latté by chilling the espresso or heating the milk ingredients.Combine all ingredients together in a blender, with the exception of the hemp hearts, and whip together until smooth.
*Hemp hearts are considered to be a healing, power food. They are the most concentrated and balanced source of proteins, essential fats, and vitamins in nature. Hemp hearts are vegan and gluten free and provide you with a complete protein and a balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids. They contain many B vitamins, vitamins A, D and E, calcium, sodium, iron and dietary fiber. One tbsp. contains approx. 56 calories with 3 g of protein.
Some of the many benefits of hemp hearts reported through studies include: increased energy, curbs cravings and helps control blood sugars, aids in digestion, lowers blood pressure and improves circulation, strengthens the immune system, etc.